Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Food jewelry

I've made custom beaded jewerly since 2000. After 10 years of beading, it feels like I've tried just about every technique imaginable and seen just about every type of bead around. After 10 years, it's time I make weird stuff that can't be found at a kiosk in the mall, that makes people ask why the hell I'm wearing pineapple earrings in Oklahoma in the middle of winter.

pineapples
Vintage German Lucite Pineapple Earrings

If you are excited by the idea of stupid-funny food jewelry, come see me at the OKC Fairgrounds on December 11th! I'm fairly certain you'll be the only one this holiday giving the gift of a toaster necklace with matching sliced bread earrings:

bread studs and toaster necklace
Toaster Necklace with Bread Earrings

Or maybe veggies are more your style:

carrot and tomato studs
Vegetable Stud Earrings


I'll have quite a potpourri of food-themed baubles in different styles, matierals, and colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment