Thursday, December 27, 2012

Right that wreck!

This post is not normally what I share publicly, but it's important to me - and it's about my mom. I've created a ChipIn page to help her.



Please help me give her a down payment on a good, safe, used car to replace the old sedan that wrecked the day after Christmas.

On December 26th, my mother crashed into a concrete barrier was just a few yards from arriving at work after a 30 minute drive on very icy roads. She has minor injuries, but the car is totaled. She feels embarrassed and depressed over this, having gone through some emotionally and financially trying times over the past 6 months.

A few months ago, the heating/cooling system in my parents' house stopped working. A replacement system costs several thousand dollars. Then, 3 weeks before Christmas, my mother's father spent some time in the hospital due to complications from routine heart surgery. His medications alone were incredibly expensive - $700 for one round of strong generic antibiotics. Thankfully, he is out of the hospital and was able to celebrate Christmas with the family. But, as it tends to do, the financial stress weighs heavily on the whole family. I'd like her to have one less worry by helping her pay for a replacement car.

Any contribution will help! If you've met my mother, you know how sweet and selfless she is. She doesn't deserve to worry so heavily over something like this. Thank you so much for your help!! I give each and every one of you a virtual thank-you hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment