Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A crafting attempt...

I had a grand idea for a set of bare wooden nesting dolls. I'm out of painting practice, so I wanted them to be simple. After some brainstorming...espresso! A set of nesting dolls illustrating the ingredients of ever more complicated coffee drinks. With a coffee bean in the very tiniest doll.

espresso nesting dolls

some sketches



I painted them all first. But writing on them turned out to be messier than I'd hoped :(

The pen kept catching on the slightly sticky texture of the paint. Wah! If I try this again someday, I think I'll use some kind of applique letters or something. Writing was rather difficult.

espresso nesting dolls

espresso nesting dolls

espresso nesting dolls

Oh well! Back to the drawing board!

No comments:

Post a Comment