Saturday, January 8, 2011

What's new: sock

I finished my second attempt at a sock this week:

GIANT sock

It's H-U-G-E. This is the product of the small size instructions on the pattern I used. I swear I used the proper size needles.

I can wear it, but it's big and saggy. I think it'd make a nice second layer sock for the winter...or maybe just a stocking for the fireplace.

GIANT sock

I really can't decide if I want to make a second one (this one took many many hours).

GIANT sock

But, it would help me finally eliminate my last nagging areas of laddering and gaps.

My first sock had some real issues:

my first sock

But I have none of that this time around!




For those curious, I used some "self striping" yarn, to make it look all fair isle and impressive (but not really!).

No comments:

Post a Comment