Friday, January 28, 2011

A post about exercise

I have been working through the 100 pushups challenge during the month of January.

I'm doing half-pushups (that's what I call those pushups-on-your-knees). I did a whole 8 half-pushups when I took the initial exhaustion test before I started the challenge. I've always had wimpy upper body strength, and that test verified that.

Now, I'm about to start week 4 of the program and I can't believe how much more strength I apparently have in my arms! It's pretty crazy. Every other day now I'm performing multiple sets of 15 or 20 half-pushups.

At the end of week 4 there is another exhaustion test before moving on to week 5. If I can make it through the next week, I'll update with my exhaustion test results!

If I can power through the whole program doing half-pushups, I want to try it again from the start doing full form pushups. Then, I'll go back in time to those President's physical fitness tests in gradeschool and show all the cool kids who else can do the flexed arm hang for 30 seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment