Monday, August 23, 2010

Event count peyote formula for thread

I’m sure there are many different formulas floating around in print and on the web for estimating how much thread to use when using certain bead stitching techniques.

I’m attempting to make my own basic formulas, starting with simple flat even-count peyote stitch using the same size bead throughout.

Here’s what I’ve come up with (units = inches):

Total desired finished length of piece
DIVIDED BY
Height of 1 bead in the pattern
TIMES
Desired width of the piece
TIMES
2
DIVIDED BY
12
EQUALS
How many feet of thread needed to complete the piece (minimum).

I’d say use an extra couple of feet in addition to the amount you come up with in the formula, or more depending on how you decide to end your piece.

If anybody tries this, let me know how it works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment