Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Following up with OU Medicine, and I am impressed

One personal message can make a world of difference when it comes to customers' attitude toward a business.

OU Medicine followed up very quickly on my public outcry of dissatisfaction with a heartfelt and sincere apology - and not with a form letter, an email, or a call center, but from a personal phone call directly to me.

I can't think of a time in several years when a company called me to say, "we are sorry" for their error.

And you know what? I won't have to pay for the difference of the service that was initially in question. "Hot dog!", as I used to say when I lived in rural Arkansas (okay, I still say that now and again). I was not expecting that in any way, and that helps me tremendously at the moment - my hours at work were cut in half for the next couple of months due to budget shortfalls.

I have a direct phone number to speak with a very courteous and sincerely concered gentleman there at OU if I ever have an issue in the future (or anyone else does, for that matter).

Thank you for dealing with me like a person and not an account number! There is still hope in the world of business.

No comments:

Post a Comment